Jan 20, 2020
In this episode, host Jana Short speaks with Serena Sabala. Serena is a Wellness Coach, Certified Yoga Teacher and Plant-Based Nutrition Consultant who has studied the subject of nutrition for over ten years and has a unique, holistic approach to health and wellness.
- Serena shares her story of hope and how she became who she is today.
- Methodology builds upon itself.
- Everyone has their own unique needs, goals, and roadblocks.
- Vegan lifestyle is when you eat nothing involving animal products.
- Eating food that is closest to its natural state and unprocessed is essential to unlocking your greatest level of health and fitness.
- Eating plant-based nutrition helps with fiber intake, weight management, and absorption into the body.
- It takes willpower and strategy to stay healthy.
- The most common mistake busy professionals make for their health and fitness is not fulfilling their potential of where they want to be. They never take the first step in a new direction.
- There are 3 fundamental pillars to your health and well being. Focus, food, and fitness.
- You have to find strategies to build up the 3 pillars together.
- Find a routine that’s simple and quick so you can do it anywhere.
- Find a strategy and routine that manages your thoughts so you are in control of yourself.
- Find food that is easy to process and helps with your energy levels. What we eat greatly affects our health and well being.
- There are 3 company values to follow for your health and well being. Be selfish, Be selfless, and play big.
- Be selfish and take care of yourself. You are your most important person in your life.
- Be selfless and do what you can for everyone around you. You are the one that can make a difference in the world.
- Play big because we are capable of more than we think we are.
- Serena can be reached on her website at https://www.wholeshiftwellness.com/
- You can find a tool that will help you make improvements to your health by providing a score of the level of development you are in for your 3 pillars. This can be found on her website.
-Serena recently released her book, Make The Shift, and it is available now here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Shift-professionals-transform-confidence-ebook/dp/B083CV5V4J/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=serena+sabala&qid=1579443725&sr=8-1